….Make some lemonade! Here’s 5 different ways to spice up your favorite summer drink!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
In a 1 gallon container, place sugar and hot water, and stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and cold water to render 1 gallon. Stir until well mixed. Pour lemonade over glasses of ice, squeeze slice of lemon on top of each, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 to 1 cup lemon juice, depending on tastes
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Combine 1 cup water, sugar and 1 cup blueberries in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved and blueberries start to soften and leach their color.
- Strain blueberries and cool the sugar water mixture.
- Combine lemon juice with sugar water and add enough water to make 2 quarts of lemonade.
- Serve with the extra cup of blueberries for garnish.
Bring 1 cup water, honey, sugar, and ginger to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil 5 minutes. Cool. Strain syrup into pitcher. Mix in lemon juice and remaining 2 cups water. Fill pitcher with ice. Let stand 5 minutes. Fill 4 to 6 tall glasses with ice; add lemonade.
Limoncello, an Italian lemon flavored liquor. Same recipe as above…just add some fun!