Beer Jello Shots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package of Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 1 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso refried beans
- 36 tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional toppings: sour cream, diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Add the taco seasoning mix and water called for on the package and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place one wonton wrapper in the bottom of each muffin cup. Layer about 1 Tbsp of refried beans on top of each wonton. Crush one tortilla chip on top of the beans. Top with 1 Tbsp of taco meat and 1 Tbsp of shredded cheese. Repeat the layers again with a wonton wrapper, refried beans, tortilla chips, taco meat, and cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and top with your favorite taco toppings (i.e. sour cream, diced tomatoes, onion, or cilantro)
You can go a little or a lot with these. Go for full mock Margarita, or spike them all the way!
Vanilla Cupcake Mix and Buttercream frosting work well. Take some green food dye on a tooth pick and mix gently for only a hint of color. Drizzle with sugar for a frothy effect. Use real limes or get some lime candy:
For spiking: Add a tablespoon of Tequila and a table spoon of lime juice to both or brush cupcakes when they’re done with Tequila