This past Sunday we catered for The Willows Community School Picnic. This was a community event for the school serving about 400 guests. Our chefs cooked the food fresh on site serving Taco Cart cuisine as well as hamburgers and hot dogs grilled fresh off the BBQ.
Today we are catering for a private event for the Jewish Holiday, Yom Kippur.
Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, is a day full of thoughts and prayers. This day is underscored by the tradition of fasting for the twenty-four hour period of the holiday. Doing this is an attempt to focus your mind and deny your physical being. At the end of Yom Kippur, at sundown, the fast is broken and the festivities begin. It is tradition to celebrate with a hearty spread of food that may include challah, pickled and smoked fishes and bagels with cream cheese.
Here are a few fish platters we will be providing to a private party this evening!
1 Tbs. Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® wasabi powder
2 Tbs. olive oil
4 ripe tomatoes chopped
2 shallots finely chopped
1 Tbs. fresh basil shredded
lemon juice of 1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper
fresh herbs to garnish
1) Heat olive oil in small pan.
2) Stir in tomatoes, shallots and basil.
3) Heat gently for 5 minutes.
4) Take off heat and beat in lemon juice, Namida® Wasabi Paste and seasonings.
5) Keep warm.
6) Pour over prepared dish, garnish with basil and tarragon sprigs, serve at once.
Toss with pasta or mixed greens, for a subtle kick!
Looking for a cute way to welcome you kid’s teacher to the party? Apple cupcakes are super easy and an A+!
- Make your favorite cupcakes
- Mix red food coloring into white frosting, and lightly melt in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Dip cupcakes in icing for a smooth top, then roll in red sugar. (Don’t have red sugar? Mix sugar with food coloring, its delicate but possible. Instructions here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Creating-Custom-Sugar-Colors/)
- Melt and roll Tootsie Rolls or use pretzel sticks for the stem.
- Green Now and Laters or Starburst are great for the leaves. Just melt in the microwave and contour with a fork.